Name:
Location: atlanta, Georgia, United States

I'm a carbon based lifeform. I was born at a very early age. Mine is a story of lies, power, sex, and deception. without much power or sex...

Sunday, September 24, 2006

He's Just a Friend - Ode to Dean...

She walks in beauty like the night?
The night always hides what the day reveals...
She wraps herself around you
She begs for your trust
And in the bright light of the searing sun, you're left with wounds to heal.

Dean is just a friend... She wouldn't lie to me, would she?
They're always with others...Never alone like she is with you...
She's right when says to ignore the voices that always wake you at night...
the nails that rake open things you thought were safe...
They must simply be echoes from ghosts of your own creation, they couldn't be hers...EVERYone knows, women never lie about things such as these.

He's JUST a friend! What else could he be? Aren't you glad that women never lie about things such as these...
Or their trip to Florida might seem kind of odd... But then again, they were with Susan, and SHE'D tell you if there was something more. Wouldn't she? Of course she would, she's your friend... And women never lie about things such as these.

It's not uncommon for her to be quiet...Everyone needs time alone now and then. It's not like she's with Dean, is it? Thank God you can trust her, or you might think Dean was more than just her Christian Brother.
No, she SAID that she loved you...As Jesus is her witness...And if that's not reassuring enough...Remember...Women never lie about things such as these.

Ok, so she wasn't the one for you, these things do happen...Move on with your life!
Yes, yes, she's engaged to Dean, but it's been almost a month since she left you! HER heart needs love, whereas, yours is made of stone...And it's going to be fine...Or so she said.
Isn't it good to know that women never lie...About things such as these.

It's only men who are dogs...Only men who cheat and lie...Just ask Oprah, or Sally, or the girls from the view...
They'll show you that it's only men whose wakes are littered with the hearts that they've broken and lives they've torn asunder...
And you can believe them...Because women never lie...About things such as these.

Should you hold on to those pictures... Or the words that she said?
afterall, her outsides looked good...But her insides were dead.
The angel you loved, has whored herself to the highest bidder...
be glad you weren't the one.
if you had chained yourself to her...Can you imagine the damage she could have done.
Be glad for the lesson, or those new bricks for your wall...And do try to remember...Women...ever lie...about things such as these.

11 Comments:

Blogger lauritajuanitasanchez said...

Hmmmm...I wonder why this is on your mind today?

I used to think like that (by "used to"...think 20 years ago), that men were bad and women were good. Not anymore. That changed when I roomed with Wendy (from Hawaii incidentally) who was engaged to two men at the same time. One of her fiances, I could do without...I mean, I had no pity on him for being engaged to the kind of woman who would accept two marriage proposals at the same time. The OTHER one was very kind, very smart (a doctor), generous and oblivious. I felt kind of sorry for him. I didn't stick around to see how that turned out and I never heard from the other room mate either. I can only imagine the disaster it had to be.

Recently even, I was listening to a guy in my church group talk about how his wife had numerous affairs and how she would call him even now (2 years post divorce), ask him to be the executor of her estate should she die first, trying to involve him in aspects of her life that should be none of his business...clearly, she's keeping him on the back burner, or trying to, if her current relationship should fail, she'll need back up!

So yes, T, women can be dogs, too.

Wouldn't it be nice if we had some sort of crystal ball or character barometer to tell if someone is decent??? Hey! You're the bioengineer...you should do the research (chemical markers in the brain...that sort of thing). Come up with this invention. You'll be a gazillionaire. (Just cut me in to the profits 1%...that's all I need).

Good luck sorting this out.

5:47 AM  
Blogger Jezzy said...

Women can be just as nasty as men. And the hardest thing for the one who is left behind, is learning to let go.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Lady Lux said...

Me: ( grabbing a hold ov' you!!!..shaking you...shake!...shake!..shaaake!! wild...slapping you...left right...left... right...left right...saying'...)

aw' cmoooon Doc!...you live in the US..the land of the free...the land of Superman...Spiderman...X-Men...and Suuuuper models !!! ( or is that Japan?!)...the land ov'...Barbie!

I mean..there are gazzillions and gazzillions and gazzillions ov' breathing females out there...look out your window....right now!...open your door....see??...And what of the rest of the world...they're all waiting for you!...continent after continent of living breathing females...

Oh' gawd!...You don't know how lucky you are to not have to wake up each morning with someone like her...who eventually could have the propesity to do just the same thing she did..had you stayed together longer...Or...not to have to live under one roof for years with someone who would turn out to be Chuckie...( you know...the doll that talks...I watched that...Chuckie one..two...three...I think there was a three..)

You're free....she has set you free...to find someone who wouldn't do the same thing to you...maybe...you should even thank Dean...

But then of course this is just me speaking...I don't really know both ends of the candle....point is....you didn't lose anything....

smile...

3:23 AM  
Blogger velvet acid tongue said...

what lux said ... move onward and upward - leave her in your dust - and yes, lux is sooo right - be thankful you weren't married to 'er!

its easy for anyone else to say, since we are not you ...

do also remember, that women do not have the market cornered on dastardly deeds. men have been known to sink equally as low ...

keep on smilin' ... :D

and ... just an aside b4 i sign off - anyone who is going to 'cheat' could at least have the balls to admit it instead of lie about it ...

1:01 PM  
Blogger Kira said...

People are, on the whole, shitty. No gender has an exclusive right on the claim. All you do is find one of the good ones. I managed. And hell, if I can manage, anybody can.

5:17 PM  
Blogger X. Dell said...

I sense a special pain, Doc, and I deeply empathize. I could write a lot of personal stuff in comiseration, not that you'd want to hear any of it. But suffice it to say, the fault is not within you, perhaps not even in her or Dean, but with all of us for tolerating these kinds of things, or setting extrinsic values on people so blindly.

Kira's right, you know. People are shitty when it comes to love and romance. I think what you're enduring is something special, and I would guess a scenario that you've seen played out before.

If I ever solve this riddle, I'll tell you the answer. But I'm just as stumped and as frustrated as you. I can offer nothing exccept my thanks for being here in cyberspace.

12:02 AM  
Blogger schaumi said...

after faithfully living with the same man for 23 years it always saddens me when relationships are torn asunder due to cheating....
I've witnessed the emotional pain of both woman and men that I have known who had been cheated on. Not fun for them.

Last year a male friend of mine asked me if I thought it was okay to sleep with other people if you had a girlfriend or boyfriend. I was completely dumbfounded and resoundedly said NO, absolutely not.
Turns out he had slept with a female acquaintance of mine who had been living with her boyfriend for several years. geesh....
obviously that relationship does not exist anymore....duh..

if this is about you, doc, sounds like you are way better off without her. you deserve the best....
and she's out there somewhere.

5:04 PM  
Blogger J R Estelle said...

As we all know, women can be just as "doggerdly" as men, it's just that women are better at hiding it.

8:39 AM  
Blogger artie said...

I learned a long time ago that if you have friends who cheat on their partners it's just as likely they won't honor your friendship since they have no concept of honor. If you have honorable friends who have honoroable friends its more likely you'll meet someone who shares your values.

I was so tired of loving men who cheated that I went out with a man I wasn't even attracted to at the recommendation of an honorable friend. He's now my husband. I thought "well, whatever I've been doing during the past ten years hasn't been working, maybe its time to try something else." I was a first for him as well. He normally dates bow heads who wear sun dresses. I am not a bow head... my head is more in a chronic state of bed head.

9:58 AM  
Blogger jadedprimadonna said...

Doc-T - somehow I lost track of you when your linked changed. Glad I found you again!

But - yes - women possess the same corrupted human nature than men possess.

8:18 PM  
Blogger X. Dell said...

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns it's lonely eyes to you.

Woo, woo, woo.

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home